Monday, September 14, 2009

Good friends are hard to find..

Went to Putrajaya last Saturday to break-fast with Cilik.. alhamdulillah, berjaya jugak misi nak berbuka sama2 tahun ni. Umah Cilik is like my 2nd house already.. hahaha.. can't remember now how many times I've slept over. Funny thing is, everytime gi tido kat umah dia I felt like we were back in high school - we could stay up all night talking about everything and nothing! One time we fell asleep almost at 5am! Macam la banyak sangat citer like bertahun tak jumpa :O.. Of coz the next day bangun sangat lambat lah (btw, kes2 camni hanya berlaku time hubby-ku tiada.. ladies night-out!)..

I love hanging out with Cilik. I think of all people, she understands me most (well, most of the time.. or else she just pretends to ;D). We've been friends for so long and she's just like a sister to me. Back in high school I think she's one of the people that breaks through whatever 'barrier' I had and became one of my best friends. I was such a reserved person back then (and even now, I think), kept to myself most of the times, terrified of speaking in public (camno ler jadik prefect dulu ntah) and dun quite like crowds. Such a nerd too. Cilik used to be my partner (ie: dok kat meja sebelah).. and she'd always be doing this lawak2 bodoh to make me laugh.. heh! But, we had fights too. Ada sekali tu tak kawan sampaikan kat kelas Chem Cikgu Maziah punya la susah nak buat experimen (kata lab partner!). Can't remember the others but one that sticks is becoz of her brown leather shoes. The ones yang kalu pegi prep has to be black in color (apa2 je la rules kat skolah dulu). So funny lah bila ingat balik zaman dulu2!

After high school we kept in touch. I remember everytime I got back for holidays from the States, the very first weekend we'll get together somehow. Either I went up to Kangar, or visited her at UTP or she came over to Ipoh. One time, a bunch of us (if I'm not mistaken together with Nora, Azeq, Yana, etc.) even crashed her dorm at UTP (USM engineering campus, at that time) and went to her lectures. And complained about the 3-hrs course where the lecturer kept membebel for the first 2 hours and rushed through lecture in the last hour - apakah?? I wrote to her a lot too when I was in college - tetapi adakah patut she wanted to return my surat2 to me the other day?? Mesti nak clear up closet kat rumah ler tuh.. cheh!

Our paths crossed again when she started work at ALAM in Melaka. Kebetulan I just started working in Sungai Udang and I remembered feeling so lonely coz I didn't have good friends around. Bila Cilik datang keja kat sini rasa sangat la gumbiranya! Serious! Like finally got light at the end of the tunnel gitu! But she didn't stay long. After a year (if I'm not mistaken), she's off to another stint. One thing about her is that she never settles for something lower than her expectation. Which explains her job-hopping-ness. But I admire her for knowing exactly what she wanted.. and went for it. I'm such a coward in that sense, I think. Hmm..

Anyway Cilik, if you're reading this, I guess what I'm trying to say is.. I really treasure our friendship. I'm glad we're still friends after all these years. You are the one person that I feel I can talk to about anything, be it my deepest secrets or my idealistic dreams. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and hopes with me, too. I pray all good things to go your way..

Datang rumah beraya nanti, tau! Have a safe trip home :-)

1 comment:

Intanterpilih said...

Babe,
((huggssss))
thank you for the 19yrs of friendship.....
aku dah rasa ko macam adik beradik dah...