Friday, July 24, 2009

Yasmin, don't go.. yet!

I'm shocked and sad to hear about Yasmin Ahmad's hospitalization. In fact, the first time I heard about it was that she already died! Isk isk... I'm just glad (a bit) to know that she was in the ICU and in a stable condition, and am praying for her speedy recovery. I started knowing about her through Petronas' merdeka/hari raya/CNY advertisements coz people say she was the brain behind each one. I just love the ads.. somehow they are able to depict Malaysians as the way we are. I especially liked it if Adibah Amin is in the scenes.. she's one funny lady! :)

Anyhow, Yasmin's film that touched me the most was Talentime. Don't get me wrong, I liked Sepet, Gubra and Muhsin.. but I feel Talentime just hit it right home! I watched it with my mom some more, and was weeping like crazy (seriously!) at the end of the scene - when Azean's character died from cancer at the hospital. The scene just reminded me soo much of my arwah Opah, who also passed away in the ward - and I can't imagine being in the same situation again :( I love the soundtrack too.. even went out to get the original CD, ye! And mind you, I'm not such a fan of Malay movies.. mostly becoz of the stereotypical storyline.

But Yasmin's movies are different! I'm looking forward to watching Muallaf and her on-going Japanese's movie project, Wasurenagusa. I hope she'll get well soon. She might be idealistic and an optimist.. but her heartfelt movies always hints at what we as Malaysians could be, if we forget about our differences and focus on what matters - the heart!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

'talentime' will be my fav movie ever.

-alfatihah kepada arwah yasmin ahmad-

PERGI
(OST Talentime)
senilagu Pete Teo
senikata Aizat


sayu terpisah
hikayat indah kini hanya tinggal sejarah
berhembus angin rindu
begitu nyamannya terhidu wangian kasihmu

hujan lebat mencurah kini
bagaikan tiada henti
kaulah laguku kau irama terindah
tak lagi kudengari

kau pergi
pergi

sepi tanpa kata
terdiam dan kaku tak daya kau kulupa
apa pun kata mereka
biarkan kenangan berbunga di ranting usia

Yatie said...

Yupp.. mine too! Huhu... so so sad.. and now even sadder now that she's gone! :( semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat.. amin..