Monday, May 4, 2009

DDI what?

I had my DDI feedback session today.  For 3 hours.  I never thought I could sit through a session that describes ME to me!  haha.. Actually I find it amazing that someone can tell who you really are (to the very detailed traits!) just by observing your behavior (in a stressful mock work place) for A DAY.  9 hours to determine whether you have what it takes to further your career in a company (?).. hmm.. but, skeptical as I was, I'm actually glad I went to the assessment.  For one, it confirms some of my understanding of myself - strengths and weakness (they call it 'challenges') - owh btw, the test indicates that I can be direct (as in telling people off) but I do it diplomatically!  How about that?  hahahahaaha... Anyway, to avoid me from becoming a future micro-manager, I am given a set of development plans.  And this is where it starts getting funky!  :D  I'm such a left-brainer person (analytical / planner / logical) that I have to develop my right brain in order to become a better staff to the company.. and one of the solutions given to me is.. jeng jeng jeng.. TO PLAY MORE CREATIVE AND IMAGINATIVE GAMES WITH UYA!  hahahahaha.. nampak sangat tak kreatif mak nyaa... isk isk.. I was told to do puzzles, handicrafts, drawing, painting, create stories from picture books.. you name it!  Also to read 'Armchair Detective Series' and 'Lateral Thinking' by Edward de Bono.. hmm.. and believe it or not, I'm given a year to improve myself and my boss would be the one to evaluate me later.  It was his idea actually.  I guess he's been looking for more of 'out-of-the-box' ideas from me but I keep giving him the more obvious, logical ones :O  Well, anyway.. I'm gonna do this.  I'm going to try to be a right-brainer kind of person.  Which might mean compromising some of my 'orderly' values.. you know, to become more artsy/free.  I wonder if leaving my bedroom in such a mess counts.. eh, at least now I can say i'm developing a creative mind!  heh..

 

No comments: